Looking to grow your experience in a company that is truly employee-centric? Here’s the opportunity to work in a great team for a company with excellent growth potential!
ATUM has developed an integrated bioengineering pipeline for gene and protein design, optimization, and manufacturing. Our state-of-the-art Synthetic Biology and Machine Learning provides customers with individually tailored solutions. Our customers include large and small pharma and biotech, as well as agricultural and industrial biotech companies across the globe. ATUM is a 17-year-old, world leading bioengineering company. We are a heavily science-driven company that currently employs ~100 people. For more information visit www.atum.bio
This an entry-level position within our mammalian protein purification group. The ideal candidate will be responsible for purification and characterization of a variety of protein types including therapeutic proteins, antigens and assay reagents expressed in mammalian cells. They will not be satisfied with just doing their part, but will thrive on being part of a collaborative team that aims to continually improve. Proteins will be purified at various scales ranging from high throughput robotic purification to many grams. Additionally, the incumbent will have opportunities to learn cell culture, bacterial and yeast fermentation in addition to bioanalytical techniques.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Have demonstrated skills in cell culture, biochemistry or protein purification.
- Have knowledge or experience in various chromatography techniques, including affinity, ion exchange, and size exclusion chromatography
- Have experience in standard molecular biology techniques
- Have the ability to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions
- Possess excellent communication, organization, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills
- Love to work in a team environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to contribute intellectually to projects
- Are able to complete projects under strict deadlines
- Are able to multi-task; the ability to juggle tasks and prioritize to achieve goals efficiently
- And are comfortable working in a fast-paced setting while maintaining impeccable organizational skills
...we want to talk to you!
If you also have experience with mammalian protein purification, automated liquid handling stations, or FPLC that’s a plus!
Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with biochemistry/biotechnology experience with 1 - 3 year’s experience.
This position requires the ability to frequently and repetitively move and/or pour a minimum of 5lbs (up to 25lbs may occasionally be required) as well as other physical activities, including:
- Constantly opening and closing lab receptacles, including removing and adhering plate seals, twisting caps, lifting lids.
- Occasionally ascending/descending a ladder to retrieve lab supplies.
- Constantly positioning self to pour or pipette reagents used for the lab process, including large and small volumes.
- Be part of the next gen bio-tech revolution: Synthetic Biology
- Learn new concepts and experiment with new technologies
- Free catered lunch (everyday!)
- Excellent 100% employer-funded benefit package, generous PTO, Holidays, and more!
- 401(k), Safe Harbor plan and employer-matching retirement plans
We encourage qualified veterans to apply.
Phone calls not accepted.